Sunday, July 8, 2012

Opening Day!

It’s Opening Day at VSA! Before we went to Vanderbilt, we stopped by the Pancake Pantry. The line was enormous just to go to a restaurant cafe like this place. I guess I could see why people would wait so long in the 100 degree weather outside; the food was fantastic. I had some sweet potato pancakes ,and they were very filling. I'm glad we had the opportunity to go there.


Since February, I knew that I was going to come to this place, and now that I’m here, it’s weird. Everyone here is friendly, but hopefully the “get to know your proctor group most of the time” won’t be like this the next three weeks. I doubt it, because tomorrow we won’t need to sit with our proctor group all the time when we eat and such, and we'll be able to interact with anyone on any floor many times. I just want to meet more people—it’ll probably be better tomorrow. We mostly pnly had an introduction to everything and a few ice-breakers. I did laundry today, and everyone looked at me weird, because it’s only the first day. I felt pretty awkward at the time, but I'm glad I did laundry because I won't have to do it for at least a week or two.

A little night scene on campus
I hardly said a few sentences to my cohort since we came to Hank Ingram House. It's making me sad, because the entire week we had blogging parties in a nice hotel room. Now, we're all seperated and in different dorms--not to mention floors for boys and girls. Hopefully I'll see more of them. VSA really has a set schedule, and we'll see how precise they are everyday (I'm pretty sure they are). It's already curfew for us, and we have to be really quiet. I guess no "girl tak with Chris" at 2 AM anymore--oh well.

Tomorrow will be better. I think everyone's just tired. Hopefully my proctor group is more pumped up and spirited like they were at first. Until then, lights out!

My proctor, Trevor


No comments:

Post a Comment