Sunday, July 22, 2012

Spiritually Fed


The praise band!

Last night, as I talked to my mom on the phone, she told me to attend the Baptist church, and be exposed to something new. I am really glad I listened to her, because I had an amazing experience at Green Hills Church. It wasn’t really Baptist, but more non-denominational. Unexpectedly, the church service was held in a restaurant. As you entered, you can see eating booths, but the rest of the place was turned into an area for worship. The service began with a live band singing praise songs. This was my favorite part because I was able to connect with God and deepen my faith through song. An amazing feeling ran through me; and this praise and worship was much needed for me. Being gone three weeks away from home, going to Green Hills Church was a place where I felt at home. I had the opportunity to just breathe, relax, and grow deeper in my faith. Throughout the service, I began to realize how important it would be to keep attending church when I attend college. This will be an important aspect of college life I must look for, as I apply next year. I will need to find a way to balance my religious beliefs and faith with all the surrounding college pressures. I really enjoyed the service, the atmosphere of young people, the message, and the overall experience. It was just the greatest feeling to be spiritually fed!
At the restaurant/church!

The mall!
I am so blessed to be here, and I have had a blast. For our afternoon activities, I chose to go to the mall. It was a humongous mall with so many stores! There wasn’t enough time to go and shop at all the cute stores, but I did have a chance to do a little shopping.  Their Forever 21 was super big, and after spending much time in the fitting room, I managed to decide on what to buy.

I really enjoy the company I share with the amazing people I have met here. From all the laughs we share to the bonds we have built, it would be crazy if we all went to the same school together. They’re all accepting even if we’re all from different backgrounds. The friendships we made with each other makes it seem like we have known each other forever. I have bonded so much with my roommate Alexa, that she now treats me as a little sister. Whenever we go out, she makes sure I’m always within her sight, because she feels the need to make sure I’m safe. She is a very sweet roommate, and I couldn’t ask for any other.

No comments:

Post a Comment