Wednesday, July 25, 2012

The End Is Near

Once, when I was younger, I was playing soccer when a ball hit me in the stomach. The impact caused me to topple over and gasp for breath; " I got the wind knocked out of me". It was a very painful and frightening experience, and it happened to me again today. 

Today, it finally hit me that tomorrow would be my last day here at Vanderbilt. It dawned on me as I sat around at a table eating lunch with my friends that I would probably never see them again. I had been so preoccupied with my class and finishing up my mystery that I completely forgot about the last day. I suddenly lost my appetite upon realizing this, and quickly threw away my plate. My friends assured me that they would keep in touch, but it still won't be the same. 

After dinner we had a showcase/talent show. All the classes preformed something and conveyed what they learned in these past three weeks. My class performed a short little skit that our professor had prepared for us that incorporated all the mystery cliches we learned about. It was a fun little skit, and I really enjoyed preforming it. 

The talent show commenced after all the classes had completed their presentations. I saw many of my friends get up on stage and preform (including Chris, who preformed twice). He had not told me that he would be preforming, so it was a pleasant surprise to see him preform. 

Unfortunately, my room is a mess because my roommate and I have already started packing for our departure, and I can't find my USB cable to attach my camera to my computer and download the pictures of the talent show I took tonight. However, I will try to mix them with the photos I plan to take, and I plan to take a lot of pictures tomorrow.  


No comments:

Post a Comment